InfeXBloc™ Frequently Asked Questions:
Does InfeXBloc™ architecture have any pre-requisites in terms of the external ecosystem (e.g. electric cars needed a network of charging stations)?
No. This architecture is entirely internal to the facility.
Is InfeXBloc™ architecture a temporary fad – just for the pandemic season?
No. This architecture is a long term strategy. It is technology agnostic. As time passes newer and newer tools / technologies will become available in the marketplace. InfeXBloc™ will incorporate them in its delivery. So, as time passes, it will get better, not obsolete. Consequently, the investment made in building/retrofitting your facility with InfeXBloc™ will yield long term value. In fact, it will be effective for this or other pandemics, epidemics, local outbreaks or even one-off infections.
Can InfeXBloc™ architecture be implemented in increments or does it need a big bang implementation?
It can be implemented in increments. However, the InfeXBloc Scorecard™ will reflect the partial implementation.
Operators should think on this question using the framework in Figure 1. There are many variables that may have to be factored in to determine the approach e.g. ability to relocate existing residents, capital availability, cashflow, number of rooms etc.
Can InfeXBloc™ be implemented with some features using automation while other features being implemented manually?
Are there parts of InfeXBloc™ that are so futuristic (e.g. Google Glass in 2011) that the market is not ready for it?
Can an operator have some facilities that implement the InfeXBloc™ while other facilities are on older Senior Care home architecture?
Yes. The operator should factor in various implications:
- On brand image, customer perceptions, pricing variances, launch considerations (how, when, where, preparing the market for the launch, coinciding with competitor’s launch dates, etc.)
- How to prevent the Senior Care home part of your organization from competing with the InfeXBloc™ part of your organization?
- A Beta release of InfeXBloc™ at a pilot facility site
- What are the implications on your back office organization (e.g. on call centers, purchasing, marketing) about a new product (InfeXBloc™ facility) side-by-side of an older product (Senior Care facilities)?
- Observe the post-launch metrics via post-launch reviews (# of prospects, # of tours, # of move-ins, # of complaints, # of call center calls, etc.)
- Watching social media feeds for prospect/customer/family feedback
- If an existing facility is being upgraded, define a migration plan from Senior Care homes to InfeXBloc™ architecture home
- Improvement release cycles (see section ‘Implementing Change Management’)
Is InfeXBloc™ suitable for my facility ? What factors should I consider before discussing the possibilities?
- Do you believe that the impact of the pandemic on your business deserves a long term strategic response?
- Are you worried about the infection interruptions and their impact on the stability of your revenue model?
- Are you tired of being in this reactive phase (that we have been in the last 6 months) with not knowing the long term path out of this instability?
- The more the licensed bed capacity the more justifiable the investment will be.
- You will need investment of time and money to achieve tangible results.